We had some students honored for their Respect shown and character in September: Korbin Shaw, Nataya Peters, Andrew McNutt, Avalie Barnwell, Elizabeth Anglim, Violet Wade, Richard Harding, Anna Davis, Nathan Allen, Tamaya Ross, Adam Meza, Genevieve Rauglas, Hudson Milne, Sofia Thames, Sophia Blair, Armando Estrella, Adele Capps, Jack Whitus, Matias Favela-Martos, Josephine Moser, Manuel DeLaRosa, Ethan McDonald, Olivia Anglim, Peyton McKissack, Nylah Dash, Rodrigo Rodriguez, Isaac Perez, Riley O’Neil, Trey Anglim, Ava Sanders, Alexa Barnwell, Kylie McKay, Yoel Favela, Kaylee McKissack, Olivia Holland, and Cole Rodriguez.
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR STUDENTS!
Please remember that Barry Buck money is taken on Thursdays prior to 10:30 am. Barry Bucks ARE NOT sold on Fridays. Also, if you would like to change your child’s transportation PLEASE call the office prior to 2:15pm. This ensures we have time to email the transportation team and also get notes to each teacher that needs the information so we can get your kiddos home the correct way.
On November 1st, we will host our Fall Carnival. Teachers set up games and booths around the school and we will sell tickets and wristbands. This is a fundraiser for our school and all proceeds benefit the students’ education. Tickets will be sold for $0.50 and wristbands will be sold in the office for $10.00 through the 31st and for $12.00 on the day of the carnival. We usually have around 18-20 games and each game costs $0.50. We will have snacks and drinks for sale in the Snack Shack for a $1.00 each. Wristbands do not work at the snack shack and tickets must be purchased for snacks at the Snack Shack.
Fall pictures will be on October 9th. Students must bring order forms and money on the day of pictures and hand them to the photographers. Teachers do not collect money. Please do your best to be on time that day as we call classes down at a particular time and the photographers are usually finished around lunchtime will everyone’s pictures. Checks for order forms must be made out to Lifetouch.
Students will be able to dress up on October 31st as a book character. However- NO masks, props, or face paint. Please ensure costumes are school appropriate and follow dress code.
Character Counts week will be October 21st through the 25th. Dress up days are listed above: Monday- Hats off to Respect (Hat Day), Tuesday- Comfy Caring Pajamas (Pajama Day), Wednesday- Wacky Character Wednesday (Wacky Day), Thursday- Trustworthy Twin Thursday (Twin Day), Friday- Fairness 50’s Friday (Decade 1950’s day).
Please check the lost and found as we have many coats, jackets, shirts, and other items piling up.
We will be having a Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Students’ pumpkins must resemble a book or book character and must be decorated ONLY- ABSOLUTELY no carved pumpkins! Pumpkins must be brought in between October 28th- 30th and must be received by 8:00am on the 30th to be judged.
- In an effort to keep our students safe, all visitors must stop at the front desk, show ID, and sign in. Teachers are available before and after school to visit with parents. In order to limit classroom disruptions, we will be glad to schedule classroom visits or visits with the teacher as needed.
- Please make sure the people who will be picking your children up are on their emergency card. Students will not be released to individuals who are not on the emergency cards.
- Transportation changes need to happen before 2:15. This is for the safety of your child!
- School Hours: 7:30 - 4:00
- Doors are unlocked daily from 7:30 - 4:00
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00, release bell rings at 3:00.
- If your child arrives after 8:00
you will need to sign him/her in at the front office.
- PLEASE keep in mind that adult supervision does not begin on the playground until 7:30. Our crossing guard also does not start duty until 7:30 for students who walk.
My door is almost always open and my email is another great way to reach me. I am often out of the office while doing walkthroughs, making classroom visits, teaching lessons, and doing cafeteria duty; however, I am happy to meet with anyone and ask that you schedule a time so I can accommodate you in my schedule.
Your partner in education,
Tori Teague, Principal