The mission of Barry Elementary School, actively working as a dedicated and caring team consisting of educators, families and the community, is to ensure every student achieves his/her highest academic potential, physical well being, strong character development, and a healthy self awareness, through a safe, secure, academically challenging and technologically enriched environment.
These beliefs are a statement of Clovis Municipal School's fundamental convictions, its values and its character. The District Planning Team has determined the following to be the fundamental beliefs of the Clovis Municipal School District.
- Moral absolutes exist, distinguish right from wrong, and hold a society together.
- Family is the primary educator in the life of a child.
- Each individual is responsible for his/her own actions.
- Diverse cultural heritage enriches and strengthens our community.
- Every person is unique and has worth.
- Ethical behavior is essential for an orderly and successful society.
- Success in any aspect of life depends upon commitment, preparation, & self-discipline.
- All people have unrealized potential that can be developed.
- Continuous learning is necessary to improve the individual and society.
- Spiritual well-being is essential for a healthy individual and a healthy community.
- The physical and mental health of each individual is essential to one's development.
- A safe and secure environment is important to an individual's well being.
- Challenging expectations motivate people to high levels of performance.
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community.