The mission of La Casita Elementary, in partnership with family, church, and community, to ensure that all children develop language, academic, and independent learning skills in order to enhance mental physical, and spiritual well-being, through technology integration, dual-language instruction, and an enriched curriculum, in a multicultural environment, taught by a caring, dedicated team in a safe and welcoming school.
- Each student will meet or exceed state standards and benchmarks in English
- Each student will participate in a technology rich environment.
- Each student will demonstrate literacy skills in English and/or Spanish.
- Each student will demonstrate the character traits of respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Beliefs are a statement of an organization’s fundamental convictions,
its values and its character. The Planning Team has determined
the following to be the fundamental beliefs of the Clovis Municipal
- Absolutes exist.
- Each individual is responsible for his or her own actions.
- Diverse cultural heritage enriches and strengthens our community.
- Every person is unique and has worth.
- Morals and ethics are essential for an orderly and successful
- Success in any aspect of life depends upon preparation,
commitment, and self-discipline.
- All people have unrealized potential that can be developed.
- Continuous learning is necessary to improve the individual
- Spiritual well-being is essential for a healthy individual
and a healthy community.
- The physical and mental health of each individual is essential
to one’s development.
- A safe and secure environment is important to an individual’s
- Challenging expectations motivate people to high levels
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
- We will implement effective and research-based instructional practices
that help all students achieve the mission and objectives of La
- We will develop and increase parental and community involvement
to help all students achieve the mission and objectives of La
- We will implement teaching strategies that promote self-discipline
and positive students behavior.
- We will ensure a positive atmosphere exists for our parents, students,
staff and community.
- Nothing will take precedence over the district’s core
- No new program or service will be instituted unless it is
consistent with the Strategic Plan, benefits clearly exceed
costs, and provisions are made for staff development and program
- No existing program or service will be retained unless it
continues to make an optimum contribution to the mission and
benefits continue to justify costs.
- We will engage in site-based planning to actively involve
students, staff, families, and community members in achieving
our strategic objectives.
- We will establish a climate in our schools which fosters
creativity and responsible risk-taking to encourage staff
to try innovations which will help achieve our mission and
- We will not tolerate behaviors that demean or endanger any