All parents, students, employees, and the public are encouraged to check the CMS website, television and radio stations concerning changes in the school schedule.
Delay & Cancellation updates are available from:
CLOVIS MUNICIPAL SCHOOLS:
• On Facebook
• KOBR - Albq./Roswell
• KFDA - Amarillo
• KVII - Amarillo
• KAMR - Amarillo
• KOAT - Albuquerque
• KRQE - Albuquerque
•KSEL 1450 AM
•KWKA 680 AM
•KCLV 1240 AM
The Eastern New Mexico News www.easternnewmexiconews
School Delays & Cancellations
During inclement weather CMS staff in conjunction with the Adair, Inc. will
be on the road as early as 4:00AM to determine if roads are clear enough for
safe travel. The Superintendent makes the final decision regarding a delay
Announcements regarding a change to the school schedule will be made as follows:
Delays: 6:00 AM (or earlier, if possible)
Cancellations: 6:00 AM (or earlier, if possible)
Early Dismissal: 11:30 AM
Decisions to change the school schedule are subject to change based on changing weather conditions.
School is cancelled when conditions are not safe for travel.
The abbreviated day schedule is shortened and will begin 2 hours later than
the regular schedule, but will end at the regular dismissal time.
- Maintenance staff will receive direction from their supervisor.
All other employees will not report to work.
All school activities including sporting events are cancelled when
Announced by 6:00 AM (or earlier, if possible)
School is delayed to give:
If severe weather conditions develop during the school day or an emergency
arises, students may be dismissed early.
- Buses extra time to travel long routes and time for sun to come up
- Custodians time to clear sidewalks for safer entry into the buildings
- Custodians time to ensure heating is working in all buildings
- Announced by 6:00 AM (or earlier, if possible).
- All employees are to report within 45 minutes of their normal start time when school is delayed.
- AM preschool programs are cancelled on abbreviated days.
The following services will be cancelled on early dismissal days:
This announcement will be made no later than 11:30 AM.
- PM Preschool Program
- After-School Programs
• Delays: All employees are to report within 45 minutes of their normal start time when school is delayed.
• Cancellations: All employees do not report to work with the exception of CMS Maintenance Department staff. Maintenance staff will receive direction from their supervisor.